Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Adoption Month 2011

August is a special month for our family.  As many of you know, in 2004 we began an adoption process that ended up taking about 3 times as long as we planned.  Despite our impatience, God had a fantastic plan for us and in August of 2007, our waiting ended.  We received "The Call" on August 7, 2007, and met our son, Seth, for the first time on August 30th that same year.  It was a time I would describe as nothing short of magical.  God showed us that despite our doubts, our struggles, and the questions of many people, He keeps His promises and he gave us the son we knew he had for us.

I am going to devote some time this month to blogging more about our experience, but also mostly about questions we get about adoption.  I also have some exciting news to share later this month concerning God's calling on our lives to help the cause of adoption in the world.

For now, I wanted to invite your questions. Many of you know our story, and there are probably questions on your mind about it. I am going to open this up and invite whatever questions you have, even running the risk that you might ask the "wrong" question or even sound offensive.  I want to help everyone understand what I feel is God's heart for adoption, and what it has meant for our family.

So please, if you have a question, leave a comment or message me.  If you want to ask it privately, you can send an email to me at erikaalbin32@gmail.com.  Please, go for it.  If it's a questions I see a lot, I will answer you and probably answer it here too.


Be watching for posts about this all month!

No comments:

Post a Comment