Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Great blog post (not by me!) about motherhood and kids

I am sharing a link to a blog I love. This specific blog post is about motherhood. This blog is about that and so much more...

This blog is amazing. It's written be Heather Hendricks, who, along with her husband Aaron and their 4 boys, up and moved their entire life to Haiti last year to serve as missionaries. Please take the time to check it out and read about what they're doing there. Amazing stuff. She is working at Heartline, a group that teaches women about prenatal care, breastfeeding and infant care in Haiti. This is revolutionary in my opinion, and I believe directly results in women keeping their babies and raising healthy children, as opposed to forcing them to give up their parental rights and have to place their children in orphanages because they have no other choice.

Again, this post is fantastic about the way we view children in general, and I am so guilty of thinking too small when it comes to God's plans for my life and my family. Enjoy these thoughts Heather shares from her mother in law.

Sit a Spell: Happy Mother's Day Even Though it's Father's Day

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. Makes me teary eyed knowing she is right. I'm not sure why "it all" is so important. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete